No Doubt, it’s Divine Providence
The Conference is Moving to New Britain Stadium!
September 19, 2020
It seemed as though the pandemic would dash all hopes of a gathering this year. But thanks to the fortitude, ingenuity and prayers of the Conference Committee, we now have an Outdoor Conference!
Prayers to Saint Joseph uncovered this opportunity!
- Outdoor venue with up to 1,500 capacity, in total compliance with Social Distancing precautions.
- Indoor bathrooms and handicap ramps Full Seats with cup holders rather than folding chairs
- Easy access off the highway right in the middle of Connecticut
- Plentiful parking
- Going onto the field to receive Eucharist!
- Adoration on the roof top! NOW
- including lunch with the same ticket price.
In commemoration of the 150th anniversary of Saint Joseph being proclaimed the Patron of the Universal Church by Pope Pius IX on 8 December 1870, this year’s theme is SAINT JOSEPH: OUR PATRON. In addition, the Mass this year will be dedicated to the soon-to-be blessed Father Michael J. McGivney, the founder of the Knights of Columbus.
Father Jeffrey Romans, former priest-secretary for the Archbishop of Hartford and a former CCMC member, will be the principal celebrant at the outdoor Mass.
The speakers for the event include:
- Father James Sullivan, the current conference chaplain, who will speak on the life of Father McGivney
- David Craig, conference co-founder, and founder of “Adoration for Vocations”
- Aaron Joseph, conference co-director, and founder of SAINT JOSEPH: OUR PATRON, a lay apostolate founded to promote Saint Joseph’s universal patronage
- Walter Finneran, conference committee member, who will be giving a testimony on The Brian O’Connell Homeless Project that he co-founded.
These men will be tying together the theme of the day in a way that will drive home the overarching goal of every conference: to connect Catholic men to Christ and one another, and prompt each man to seek out a personal apostolate where he can serve the Kingdom of God and help other Catholic men to become the best of who they can be.
There will be all the familiar elements the men have come to expect from the conference: great speakers, Mass, Adoration, Confession, fellowship, and an uplifting message of encouragement for the men. This event will truly reach new levels for those who will participate. The CCMC Committee requests those who wish to attend to purchase their tickets before September 1st by going to www.ctcatholicmen.org. We hope to see you there!